SuperSkilz is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy (together with our terms and conditions of supply http://superskillscourses.com/terms-and-conditions-of-supply/ and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Hudson Courses Limited trading as SuperSkilz of: 86-90 Paul Street, London, EC2A 4NE, United Kingdom.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
1. Information that you provide by completing forms on our site www.superskilz.com, by email or over the phone. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our software, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
2. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
3. We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
4. Details of transactions you carry out with us and of the fulfilment of your orders.
5. Posts, ratings and communications made on our site.
Where We Store Your Personal Data:
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to ourselves; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses Made of the Information:
We use information held about you in the following ways:
1. To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
2. To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you.
3. To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
4. To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service.
5. To notify you about changes to our software and service.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by post or electronic means (e.g. e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
Disclosure of Your Information:
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
1. In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
2. If SuperSkilz or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
3. If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of use and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of SuperSkilz, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may from time to time contain links to and from the websites of third parties, our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to Information:
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.